PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT AND OPTIMIZATION
Ever wish expert engineers could vet your prototype development and offer design optimization strategies to accelerate your product’s market readiness?
HELP IS HERE
Does your current prototype work most of the time, but not quite enough to give you confidence that it’s ready for production? Are there areas that you wish could be simplified? Is the firmware or software a little buggy? Do the sensors work some of the time, but not in every use case? Is your current design team or partner having more problems than expected? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Simplexity engineers follow a rigorous process to characterize prototype development and identify which aspects of a prototype are designed well and need no modifications and which areas could use some redesign to meet your reliability goals.
PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT EXAMPLES
A few examples of where prototype development work has improved prototypes for our clients include:
- Advising that our client switch from only using an accelerometer to an accelerometer/gyro combo to improve reliability of tracking the motion of a user in an IoT product.
- Redesigning the motion control software and firmware of a food automation vending machine. This included reworking the mechanical interfaces and handoffs from one subsystem to another to improve reliability.
- Redesigning a point of care disinfection device, Sterifre Medical AURA, to reduce noise, weight and cost to meet product and manufacturability requirements.
Learn more about the Food Automation Vending Machine in our Case Study
You might also like to read more on prototype development in our our Prototyping and Manufacturing Blog library. In particular, you may be interested in:
- Utilizing SOLIDWORKS configurations when designing a new product
- Why engineering still matters in product development
- New Product Introduction (NPI): Getting the most out of your prototype builds
Next Steps: please contact us to see if the improvements you are seeking for your prototype match our prototype development and optimization expertise. Please include as much detail about the issues you are facing as possible, and we will schedule a call to see how we can help.