SERVICES THAT BRING CLIENTS TO SIMPLEXITY
Whether your design requires mechanical, electrical, firmware, software or control systems engineering, our experienced team offers many services to help you reach your product development goals with accountability and expertise. If you need help vetting an early-stage idea, need a team to complete a full system product design, wish to augment your team with flexible engineering bandwidth, or are looking for manufacturability or other expertise, we can help!
Early Phase Explorations
Are you just starting in the product development journey and are still working on securing funding? Clients have found value in early consultations with product development experts like Simplexity by receiving third-party confirmation that the development schedules and budgets that they’re communicating to their investors are feasible, while there’s still time to adjust them. Many clients come to Simplexity with early explorations or “Phase 0” projects like:
- Feasibility Assessments – early-stage investigation of product idea viability, resulting in an analysis of the feasibility for cost, form factor, and functional constraints
- Product Development Research – early ideation vetting and competitive engineering research
- Product Architecture Explorations – defining various options for how the product could be designed, including identifying functional interdependencies that can inform a range of system development approaches
- Requirements Development – guidance on refinements to product requirements by evaluating tradeoffs between productfeatures
- Collaborative brainstorming – leveraging diverse engineering disciplines to develop creative ideas for product concepts
Core Product Development
The core of Simplexity’s business is providing full system product development and detailed design engineering for your product, from concept through production. Simplexity’s collaborative, system-level engineering approach ensures product subsystems work together in a coordinated and concerted manner.
- Full-system product development – concept generation, detailed engineering design, prototyping and testing, design for manufacturing, risk analysis, quality engineering, NPI and design transfer for production
- Prototype Design and Optimization – designing and building hardware representative of the product through iterative build and test cycles
- Product Simplification or Cost Reduction – analyze and optimize an existing prototype or design to reduce the number of parts, simplify operation, and lower manufacturing cost
- Flexible Engineering Bandwidth – add capacity to your engineering team by augmenting existing client engineering team bandwidth or providing specialty engineering expertise
Quality and Manufacturability Expertise
Simplexity’s Quality Engineering and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams work to ensure your design meets production quality requirements consistently and is efficiently manufacturable. Seamless design transfer to contract manufacturers includes manufacturing process validation, quality metrics monitoring, and ongoing production optimization support.
- Design for High Volume Production – designing parts and subsystems with proper methods to allow for efficient high-volume manufacturing
- DfX Evaluations – designing for and evaluating a product's readiness for manufacturability, assembly, testing, and serviceability
- Production and Product Quality Management –custom quality plan development and ongoing quality metrics monitoring and verification, which can also include ensuring production quality through development of custom test tools
- ISO:13485 Certification for Medical Device Product Development – certified quality management procedures for those products requiring it
- New Product Introduction (NPI) – team working in parallel with design engineering to guide a design to production