Power management is a critical part of the design for small low-power devices and impacts nearly all aspects of the system design. It’s a team effort that needs to be planned for and worked through from the very beginning of the project to ensure a successful final product design.
Our clients rely on Simplexity’s experienced design engineering teams to deliver thoughtful, well-engineered designs with smart solutions in power management.
- Portable and wearable devices where low power is a design requirement
- Remote sensing applications where battery access is difficult or impossible.
- Devices that require long run times between battery charging cycles.
LOW POWER REQUIREMENTS SIMPLEXITY ADDRESSES
With extensive experience in medical devices, wearables, and remote sensors, Simplexity has designed dozens of devices requiring low-power and optimized power management. Particular areas of expertise include:
- Architecture coordination between firmware and electrical engineering requirements
- Informed processor selection and battery selection, procurement & characterization
- System power consumption analysis & optimization of power consumption vs. product performance.
- Battery charge management & wireless charging prototyping and testing
- Firmware engineering based on specific to processor, peripherals power management needs
- Prioritizing performance requirements with client and inter-disciplinary engineering teams