SIMPLIFY OR COST REDUCE YOUR EXISTING PRODUCT
Does the bill of materials cost of your product need to be 10 – 50% lower to be successful in the market? Does your product have too many parts? Would you like to improve your margins with a simpler design? Simplifying products is a core competency for us (so much, that we named our whole company after it)!
A few examples of where we’ve simplified products for our clients include:
- Reducing the number of unique parts from 22 to 9 and reducing the complexity/cost of the injection molding tools in the Senaptec Strobe Eyewear.
- Achieved a 50% cost reduction for a confidential connected consumer product. Also, by updating the gear ratio for the system and correcting the motor drive algorithms, we reduced the motor temperature rise from 80 deg F to only 8 deg F, eliminating a potential safety issue.
- Reducing the PCA board area to only 7% of the original demonstration prototype to allow it to fit into the size of a AA battery (to create a Forever Battery).
- Noise reduction, weight reduction, and cost reduction in automated point-of-care disinfection device, Sterifre Medical AURA.
Additional content about Product Simplification and Cost Reduction you may be interested in:
- Simplexity’s 7 Steps to Simplification
- Senaptec Strobe: A Study in Simplification
- If I could only do 3 things to simplify a design, what should they be?
- Robust firmware stack sizing
Next Steps: please contact us to let us know your simplification and cost reduction goals. Once we better understand your needs, we’ll be able to advise how much of a simplification or cost reduction could be possible.