New Product Introduction (NPI)
New Product Introduction, or NPI, is the process of transferring a design from prototype to volume production.
How exactly do Simplexity NPI Services help our clients?
At Simplexity, our specialized NPI team can be the liaison between the design engineering team, vendors, and client stakeholders throughout the design process, paving the way for smoother handoffs between design and manufacturing.
When NPI Services are integrated with product development, they can help manage product costs, reduce time-to-market, and improve product quality.
MANAGE PRODUCT COST:
Starting with the end in mind by understanding all of the factors that go into product cost is key to market success. Our team can help you determine design viability, suggest optimized supply chain management, and consult on production cost considerations.
- DfX evaluations for manufacturability, assembly, and serviceability
- Pre-production build hosting with engineering confidence testing to reduce the risk of costly design changes
- Contract manufacturing supply chain management
REDUCE TIME TO MARKET:
Choosing the right contract manufacturing (CM) partner is important for getting your product to market on time. Understanding product requirements and production support needed and matching those to a CM’s capabilities are essential for success.
- Integrated project plans to maximize prototype-to-production efficiencies
- Qualification and onboarding of tooling and CM partners to fit project needs
- Design and delivery of custom process equipment and production line test tools to meet product quality goals
- Onsite production support as needed
MANAGE PRODUCT QUALITY:
Determining what quality measures and test protocols need to be considered can ensure product quality standards are met and monitored.
- Identification of critical-to-function performance parameters
- Evaluation tools for ongoing monitoring of performance parameters
- Ongoing quality verification, monitoring and optimization once the manufacturing line is operational
Contact us to discuss how our NPI team can work with either your design engineering team or ours to help you get your next innovation to market.
“Simplexity’s outstanding reputation, knowledgeable, and innovative engineers set them apart from the other product development companies making wearable equipment. The proposal was exactly what we needed to start our next step in the development of the BR Backpack. Very detailed, easy to understand, knowledgeable feed back, and innovative solutions for better functionality. The team was extremely honest and efficient throughout the proposal process.”