New Product Introduction (NPI)
New Product Introduction (NPI) is the process whereby a product is transferred to production. If this process is initiated too late in the product development cycle, then production, quality and contract manufacturing issues can result.
In contrast, when NPI requirements are considered in the Requirements and Planning phase of product development and planned for throughout the development process, they can contribute to lower costs, reduced time-to-market, and improved product quality.
Simplexity’s NPI Service helps you:
MANAGE PRODUCT COST:
Starting with the end in mind by understanding all the factors that go into product cost is key to eventual market success. Our team can help you determine design viability, suggest optimized supply chain management, and consult on production cost considerations.
- Evaluate design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Oversee supply chain management and cost of goods sold (COGS)
REDUCE TIME TO MARKET:
Choosing the right Contract Manufacturing (CM) partner is important for getting your product to market on time. Understanding early requirements for production and test tools and matching those requirements to CM capabilities, are essential for success.
- Select and onboard contract manufacturing partner
- Develop an integrated process plan
- Design and deliver custom process equipment and production line test tools
- Manage design release schedule
MANAGE PRODUCT QUALITY:
Determining what quality measures need to be considered and test protocols to support quality checkpoints are critical to ensuring product quality standards are met and monitored.
- Identify critical-to-function performance parameters
- Develop evaluation tools for test and ongoing monitoring of performance parameters
- Qualify and approve material substitution and accommodate local component sources
Typical NPI deliverables include:
PHASE 1: REQUIREMENTS AND PLANNING
- Manufacturing strategy requirements document
PHASE 2B: PROTOTYPE 1 – DESIGN, BUILD AND TEST
- Project build plan – from prototype to pre-production
- Initial Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Manufacturing process identification
- Contract Manufacturer selection
PHASE 2C: PROTOTYPE 2 - DESIGN, BUILD AND TEST
- Quality plan development
- Design Transfer preparation
- Contract Manufacturer onboarding
PHASE 3: DESIGN VERIFICATION AND DESIGN TRANSFER
- Process validation support
- Unit build tracking
- Contract manufacturing schedule and budget
- Quality metrics verification
- Manufacturing guidance and ongoing engineering support
- Ongoing quality metrics monitoring and optimization
“Simplexity’s outstanding reputation, knowledgeable, and innovative engineers set them apart from the other product development companies making wearable equipment. The proposal was exactly what we needed to start our next step in the development of the BR Backpack. Very detailed, easy to understand, knowledgeable feed back, and innovative solutions for better functionality. The team was extremely honest and efficient throughout the proposal process.”