Going beyond “coding” services, clients rely on Simplexity’s firmware engineering team to provide a comprehensive range of design engineering support. Firmware, also commonly referred to as embedded software, powers the microprocessors in today’s technology. Cars, refrigerators, washing machines, coffeemakers, and TV remotes are all driven by firmware to provide the “smarts” in these smart devices.
Simplexity’s firmware engineering team has the experience, skills and tools to not only architect systems that are robust and maintainable, but to do the engineering analyses required to make sure devices function correctly under all conditions.
Simplexity's Firmware Engineering Expertise Includes:
- Firmware architecture and detailed design up front establishes a strong foundation for the development team to work from. Client review of diagrams such as state charts, sequence diagrams, and flow charts ensures that the software system meets the needs of its stakeholders.
- Software industry best-practice processes including source code control, code reviews, unit, integration and system testing, defect tracking along with continuous integration ensure that the codebase stays healthy throughout development.
- Advanced engineering analysis tools — like rate monotonic analysis (RMA), compiler-supported static stack size computation, static code checking, and McCabe cyclomatic complexity analysis.
- Broad experience with a variety of system elements such as all the common communications protocols, processor families, embedded operating systems, and sensor types.
- Project communication tools like Bitbucket-hosted git repositories, JIRA task and issue tracking, and Bitbucket Pipelines continuous integration enable our clients to monitor development status and progress in real-time.
- Team members with advanced degrees in specific application fields such as digital signal processing (DSP) and control systems engineering.
- A wide range of algorithm engineering – advanced mathematical expertise to develop data processing algorithms including extended Kalman filter-based sensor fusion algorithms, signal windowing for discrete Fourier transforms, sliding mode nonlinear controllers, and backpropagation learning for neural networks.
Smart devices are more than just electronics and code. Whether your system needs a simple PID controller or a custom designed extended Kalman filter for sensor fusion, Simplexity’s firmware engineering team can support your product’s needs. Contact Simplexity to discuss how we might help address your firmware engineering needs.
I was impressed with Simplexity’s agility and speed in addressing my project’s needs. When we realized that we needed a specific skill (embedded FW), Simplexity nimbly staffed a great engineer to fill the void. And when it came to design and follow-through, Simplexity’s project team did a great job navigating the chaotic combination of stakeholders to deliver results on schedule.
— SR. PROGRAM MANAGER
FORTUNE 50 COMPANY