FIND AN ACCOUNTABLE PARTNER FOR FULL SYSTEM PRODUCT DESIGN AND ENGINEERING
Are you a technology leader who is looking for a team that can execute on, and be accountable for, the full system product design and engineering effort? An effort that includes concept generation, detailed engineering design, prototyping and testing, manufacturing, risk analysis, and quality engineering to end up with a full documentation package and manufactured goods? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
PROVEN PRODUCT DESIGN AND ENGINEERING EXPERTISE
Clients rely on Simplexity’s proven track record of taking a design through our industry-proven product development process, starting with concept ideation, moving through iterative design, and prototyping, testing, verification, and design transfer. Simplexity serves technology leaders across multiple industries including consumer electronics, wearables, commercial applications, molecular diagnostics and medical devices. Medical device clients have confidence partnering with Simplexity due to our ISO 13485 certification for Product Design and Development related to medical products.
This commitment extends throughout the entire product design and engineering process. Sometimes this includes having engineers on the manufacturing floor for early prototype builds to make sure correct processes are defined and followed or providing any manufacturing critical documentation.
How do we define “Full System Product Design and Engineering” at Simplexity?
Simplexity’s clients trust our team to design and engineer an entire system that meets their requirements. As the product owner, your responsibility is to come up with an applicable set of requirements. As this is a key undertaking, we have written an article about best practices regarding developing a product requirements document. Our responsibility is to analyze the requirements set, determine different potential architectures, and assess those architectures against the requirements. In many cases, we can identify conflicting requirements or areas where it is not possible achieve everything desired within the client’s preferred schedule or budget.
Simplexity determines the tradeoffs of various requirements with you, providing all the information required to make informed trade off decisions. Once prioritized requirements are confirmed, Simplexity can then design and engineer a system that meets those requirements. When clients hire Simplexity to design and engineer a full system design project, Simplexity’s collaborative system-level engineering approach ensures the product, and all its subsystems work together in a coordinated and concerted manner.
This includes any or all of the following:
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems
- Firmware systems
- Software systems
- Algorithms and controls system
… and when transferring to manufacturing:
It should be noted that many design engineering firms (and some clients) specialize in a subset of engineering disciplines listed above. Simplexity is often called in to collaborate with client engineering teams to fill in the “gaps” and help complete a project, and we are happy to do that.
A few examples where clients have relied on our engineers to shepherd products through the full system product development process include:
- Designing and manufacturing a CPR training device, the HSI Loop, that allows CPR training instructors to receive quantitative data on how their students perform CPR, in a Guitar Hero game-like setting. Simplexity performed all aspects of the hardware and firmware design and production, developing custom data processing algorithms, with thousands of manufactured goods drop-shipped to the clients’ warehouse.
- Starting with an industrial design and completing the mechanical, electrical, and firmware design for the Senaptec Strobe Eyewear. Additional work included systems integration, selecting production vendors, and making sure the manufacturing capabilities were adequate to meet the product specifications.
- Working with industry leader HP to redesign inkjet printers to work in zero gravity, to be used on the International Space Station (ISS). In addition to completing the design, Simplexity retrofitted and built the HP ENVY Zero-Gravity printers that were then launched into space.
- Preemadonna partnered with Simplexity to bring Nailbot, a connected, at-home fingernail decorating device from an early working conceptual prototype to an manufacturable design, guiding the product through design transfer to a contract manufacturer.
Find out what advantages working with a full system design and engineering partner can offer in our blog!
Learn more about the Phased-Gate Product Development Process
Next Steps: Please provide a general description of your product design and engineering project on our contact us form. We’ll review, and if it’s a fit, we’ll work with you to execute a non-disclosure agreement allowing you the security to share the details of your project. At that point we will set up an introductory phone call where we will discuss how to get started making your idea a reality.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Learn more about Simplexity’s full range of Engineering Services
- Learn more about our Systems Engineering approach
- Learn more about our New Product Introduction (NPI) Services