FIND AN ACCOUNTABLE PARTNER FOR FULL SYSTEM PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Are you a technology leader who is looking for a team that can execute on, and be accountable for, the full system product development effort? An effort that includes concept generation, detailed engineering design, prototyping and testing, manufacturing, risk analysis, and quality engineering to end up with a full documentation package and manufactured goods? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Simplexity has a proven track record of taking a design through our industry-proven product development process, starting with concept ideation, moving through iterative design, and prototyping, testing, verification, and design transfer. We also have been awarded Quality Management System ISO 13485:2016 certification for Product Design and Development related to medical products.
Sometimes this includes having engineers on the manufacturing floor for early prototype builds to make sure correct processes are defined and followed or providing any additional documentation.
How do we define “Full System Development” at Simplexity?
Simplexity’s clients trust our team to design an entire system that meets their requirements. As the product owner, your responsibility is to come up with an applicable set of requirements. As this is a key undertaking, we have written an article about best practices regarding developing a product requirements document. Our responsibility is to analyze the requirements set, determine different potential architectures, and assess those architectures against the requirements. In many cases, we are able to identify conflicting requirements or areas where it is not possible achieve everything desired within a realistic schedule or budget.
We then determine the tradeoffs of various requirements with you, providing you all of the information required to make informed trade off decisions. Simplexity can then design a system that meets those requirements. Importantly, we are willing to be accountable for the final functionality of the design.
When we engineer a full system design project at Simplexity, our collaborative system-level engineering approach ensures the product and all its subsystems work together in a coordinated and concerted manner.
This includes any or all of the following:
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical systems
- Firmware/Software systems
- Algorithms and controls system
… and when transferring to manufacturing:
- Quality Engineering
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
It should be noted that many design engineering firms (and some clients) specialize in a subset of engineering disciplines listed above. We are often called in to collaborate with client engineering teams to fill in the “gaps” and help complete a project, and we are happy to do that.
A few examples where our engineers have shepherded products through the full system product development process include:
- Designing and manufacturing a CRP training device, the HSI Loop, that allows CPR training instructors to receive quantitative data on how their students perform CPR, in a Guitar Hero game-like setting. Simplexity performed all aspects of the hardware and software design and production, developing custom data processing algorithms, with thousands of manufactured goods drop-shipped to the clients’ warehouse.
- Starting with an industrial design and completing the mechanical, electrical, and firmware design, integration, selecting production vendors, and making sure the manufacturing capabilities were adequate to meet the product specifications for the Senaptec Strobe Eyewear.
- Working with industry leader HP to redesign inkjet printers to work in zero gravity, to be used on the International Space Station (ISS). In addition to the design, Simplexity retrofitted and built the HP ENVY Zero-Gravity printers that were then launched into space.
- Simplexity partnered with Preemadonna to bring Nailbot, a connected, at-home fingernail decorating device from an early working conceptual prototype to an advanced design through to design transfer to a contract manufacturer.
Find out what kind of advantages working with a full system development partner can offer in our blog!
Learn more about the Phased-Gate Product Development Process
Next Steps: provide a general description or your product development project on our contact us form. Well review, and if it’s a fit, we’ll work with you to execute a non-disclosure agreement allowing you the security to share the details of your project. At that point we will set up an introductory phone call where we will discuss how to get started making your idea a reality.