Kristin brings a breadth of electrical engineering knowledge to Simplexity with experience in medical device, wearables and renewable energy. She has lead designs through the full range of development, from initial prototyping and brainstorming to high volume manufacturing. In her role as Senior Electrical Engineer, Kristin aims to deliver top notch electrical product designs for our clients.
- System architecture and requirements definition for electromechanical systems, working closely with mechanical, systems and firmware engineers to lead the electrical design.
- Project leadership, taking a full system view with an eye on project management.
- Design of wearable products, considering trade-offs of extreme miniaturization and manufacturability.
- Sensor selection, integration and signal conditioning.
- Medical device design, and verification in a regulated quality management system.
- Process engineering in a manufacturing environment using statistical methods including DOE.
- Management of prototype builds, requirements verification, scripting for board test and bring-up.
- Design for electromagnetic compatibility and shepherding devices through FCC and CE mark testing.
- Battery powered device design and battery procurement and testing.
- Electrical engineering lead on multiple large projects from initial prototype to volume production.
- Particular expertise in wearable design- battery powered, difficult reliability environments, extreme miniaturization including high density interconnect and rigid flex PCBAs.
- Low power system design and characterization- working with firmware to get every last uA of current saved, and building battery models to estimate product life and help guide component selection and use cases.
- Design for supply chain constrained environments- selecting alternate components, pre-purchasing components, working with CMs to plan for builds and finding hard-to-find components.
- Interested in researching and selecting the best tools and processes for product development excellence.
- MS Stanford University- concentration in mechatronics
- BA Macalester College- Physics, Math and Environmental Studies
Interests / Obsessions
- Youth STEM related volunteering- Rockwood Makerspace, MESA
- Bicycle touring
- Halloween mechatronics competitions
I like to think
(it has to be!)
of a cybernetic ecology
where we are free of our labors
and joined back to nature,
returned to our mammal
brothers and sisters,
and all watched over
by machines of loving grace.