- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Washington
- Three patents
- Patent number 20090261141 – Ergonomic Stapler and Method for Setting Staples, April 18, 2008
- Patent number PCT/US1999/006585 – Wireless, Wearable Network Computer System, March 19, 1999
- Patent number 5748185 – Touchpad with Pan and Scroll Regions, May 5, 1998
- Certificate of Achievement – From the Laboratory to Leadership, Developing Scientific and Corporate Leaders
- Management and Leadership training course by Marilyn Deming: The Leadership Edge
Interests / Obsessions
- My Wife Karla and my dog Bubba
- Keeping in excellent physical shape
- Alpine skiing, XC Skate skiing, Road cycling, Water skiing, Boat camping, Woodworking, and enjoying the company of my friends
- “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you”
- Technology research and application
- Project team and vendor management
- Specification writing
- System architecting
- Analytical evaluation
- Circuit board architecture
- Designing for EMC and RFI
- Desire and drive to learn any skill that is necessary
- Researched various concepts for client technology applications. These include measuring particle density in air, smoke detection, creative NFC/RFID applications, high volume display technologies, levitation, circuit board security, and automated cooking.
- EE responsible for design of an aerospace quality gigabit Ethernet switch hardware for a commercial airline video distribution system.
- Technical lead of an integrated design team that re-architected and redesigned a molecular diagnostic system for detecting infectious diseases.
- Technical lead of an integrated design team that developed a transdermal fentanyl delivery system using iontophoresis.
- Technical lead of an integrated design team that develop an automated microfluidic chemistry system for a microbial whole genome analysis device.
- Lead EE responsible for design of a production scale DNA synthesizer.
- Lead EE designed, built, and tested a very low cost computer/pedometer.