SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER | SEATTLE, WA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 85 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
Imagine walking into an environment surrounded by top notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading medical and consumer device companies. As a Senior Project Manager in our Seattle office, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of projects by managing schedules, budgets, and customer interactions.
This position is ideal for someone who likes variety, has worked in product development consulting, and is process oriented. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet enjoy a casual and flexible work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you.
- Create project schedules that meet the clients’ needs and can be achieved by the project team
- Work with our clients to define and create project budgets that can meet the objectives
- Send weekly reports to clients that track project progress, milestones, and budget
- Coordinate the internal team and create a written list of roles and responsibilities. Make sure that the team is balanced and all areas are covered
- Develop resource plans and participate in resource planning meetings with the other project managers
- Facilitate weekly internal and external team meetings and send out notes in a timely fashion
- Track issues during any builds and make sure that team members are documenting issues
- Hold the team accountable to completing action items and meeting key milestone dates
- Keep an eye out and document any changes in scope
- Develop and maintain technical and project documentation
- Document and rank risks on the projects and communicate those regularly to the client
- Assist with keeping an eye out for additional client needs and writing proposals for new work
- Report progress, needs, and project retrospectives to the company directors
- Manage design history file for medical device development
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year university
- 5+ years of experience in project management and product development
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Mechanical, electrical, or firmware product development experience
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems development a plus
- Familiarity with FDA and ISO quality system requirements for medical device development a plus
- Formal project management training or PMP certification a plus
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA) software experience a plus
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee; partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5 and 10 years of service
- Flexible working hours
- Seattle, WA. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.