We're always on the lookout for outstanding engineers who are interested in joining our team. Are your credentials top notch? Are you creative, hard-working and endlessly flexible? Most important of all, are you ready to be responsive to some of the brightest, most demanding clients working in engineering today?
If your answer is "yes", or even better, "darn right", we may need your talents. If you're also a sponge, ready and willing to soak up innovative techniques from our experienced engineers—some of the most accomplished leaders working in product development today — send us your resume. If we don't respond, we're probably busy, burning the midnight oil, solving problems for clients. Be patient, but not too patient. If you have what it takes we want to hear from you, so call, email, or send a few smoke signals our way.
We are currently seeking Embedded Firmware Engineers with exceptional skills and talents to perform the following duties:
- Write embedded firmware for a variety of customer products
- Develop associated tools for testing and validation of product code
- Develop solutions as part of a cross discipline team (EE’s, ME’s, Systems Engineers)
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Work through the product lifecycle, including design, implementation, and validation
- Design and execution of acceptance criteria
- Interface with the customer and write succinct and clear status reports
- Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year university, with a minimum of 2 years of experience for staff-level position or 10+ years of experience for a senior-level position.
- High level of proficiency in C programming, and experience in either C++ or C#
- Experience with
- At least 1 scripting language (Perl, Python, TCL, etc.)
- Use of an embedded RTOS (ThreadX, VxWorks, Integrity, uC/OS, …)
- Embedded processors, preferably ARM
- Peripheral buses (I2C, SPI, Serial, PCI)
- Device IO (Serial, USB, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee)
- Analog and digital sensors
- Have a command of software engineering fundamentals and modern SW development processes
- Ability to communicate clearly, write detailed and thorough reports, and exceed clients’ expectations with knowledge, hard work, and positive attitude
- Ability to quickly learn existing customer code base and new technical skills
- Develop an understanding for customers’ products and needs
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 10 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Position location is in Vancouver, WA (Portland, OR Metro area). Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.