Kevin Reed is an experienced mechanical engineer with more than 20 years’ design experience, principally in medical, dental and field medicine devices and support equipment.
- Additive manufacturing
- Injection and reaction molding design
- Design for assembly
- Miniature systems
- Designed a dental surgical suite that weighs 35 pounds and the size of an airline carry-on suitcase
- Designed and prototyped self-contained field sinks for field surgery use by humanitarian organizations and US military relief missions.
- Developed analysis tools to understand device/tissue interface mechanics of a rotating atherectomy device
- Designed modular airframes and recovery systems to reduce cost of small atmospheric research rockets
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Henry Cogswell College
Interests / Obsessions
- History of technology and engineering
“ Now is the time to understand more, so we may fear less. “
~ Marie Curie