Scientific and systems engineering leader with 25 years of experience in the medical diagnostics industry, working collaboratively with R&D teams and partners/vendors. Proven innovator in assay, instrument and software systems development, with a broad technical skill set. I enjoy exposure to new fields and working on novel challenges that will utilize my creativity and scientific acumen to develop practical product-oriented solutions to complex problems.
- Motion control
- Algorithm development
- Biosite – Key role in the development and launch of the Triage platform, one of the most successful POC system marketed. Directed the Triage meter software and firmware groups. Developed the algorithms used for Biomarker Discovery. Optimized manufacturing equipment to improve yield and throughput.
- Astute Medical – Key role in the discovery of novel biomarkers, platform selection and development (Astute140 Meter), resulting in EU launch of the Nephrocheck product in less than five years. Responsible for hardware and software custom solutions for product manufacturing.
- Tristan Technologies – Design and fabrication of SQUID magnetometer-based research instruments
- PhD Physics, University of California, San Diego
- BS Physics, Harvey Mudd College
- Follistatin – related protein 3 for diagnosis and prognosis of renal injury and renal failure – US 11506672 B2
- Methods for diagnosing acute kidney injury or renal failure – US 11150250 B2
- Methods for diagnosis and prognosis of renal injury and renal failure using insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 7 and metalloproteinase inhibitor 2 – US 10935548 B2
- Methods for prognosis of future acute renal injury and acute renal failure – US 10830773 B2
- Methods and compositions for diagnosis and prognosis of appendicitis and differentiation of causes of abdominal pain – US 10794917 B2
- Lateral flow assay with test strip retainer – US 10670596 B2; US 10408828 B2
- Methods and compositions for diagnosis and prognosis of stroke or other cerebral injury – US 9733261 B2
- Methods for diagnosis and prognosis of renal injury and renal failure – US 9366683 B2
- Method for evaluating renal status by determining beta-2-glycoprotein 1 – US 8871459 B2
- Methods and compositions for diagnosis and prognosis of renal injury and renal failure – US 11454635 B2; US 11346846 B2; US 11333671 B2; US 11262363 B2; US 11209443 B2; US 11143658 B2; US 11099194 B2; US 10928403 B2; US 10823742 B2; US 10823733 B2; US 10473671 B2; US 10324093 B2; US 9784750 B2; US 9696322 B2; US 9470695 B2; US 9459261 B2; US 9417250 B2; US 9360488 B2; US 9229010 B2; US 9057735 B2; US 9029093 B2; US 8993250 B2; US 8778615 B2
- Immunoassay fluorometer – US 7416700 B2; US 6830731 B1
- Methods for monitoring the status of assays and immunoassays – US 7713703 B1; US 6194222 B1
- Media carrier for an assay device – US 6392894 B1
Interests / Obsessions
- Mountain Biking