SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR | PORTLAND AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
The System Administrator’s role is to ensure the IT systems and solutions are operationally excellent. This includes Networks, Information Architecture, Communication/Conferencing, and integration with both company and client procedures and policies. Scope includes managing budgets, schedules, and resourcing of projects.
This position is ideal for someone who likes variety, has worked in an engineering environment, and is process oriented. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet enjoy a casual and flexible work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you.
- Defining and communicating the best IT Architecture to meet Simplexity’s goals
- Planning, procuring, installing, and operation of Network elements including ISPs, gateways, firewalls, switches, and wireless.
- Planning, procuring, installing, and operation of Services support including Servers, OS (Windows and Linux), VM environments, Cloud and OnPremises support
- Supporting VOIP solution(s) including SIPX
- Administration and integration of Office 365
- Defining and deploying active monitoring solution (eg Nagios)
- Developing skills/training within the IT team aligned with stakeholder needs
- Developing resource plans to support both operations and special projects
- Developing and maintaining documentation of the systems/solutions
- Enabling self-help solutions wherever possible to reduce delays and supporting project teams
- Reporting status, risks, and proposed changes to the IT Architecture to the executive management team. Implementing metrics and reporting KPIs.
- Collaborating on the Business Continuity Plan.
- Collaborating on the Information Security Plan.
- Bachelor degree in IT Technology or related program, or Certification.
- At least 4 years working with network security and network management; familiarity with DNS, DHCP, VPN, VLAN
- At least 4 years working with Active Directory
- At least 4 years working with servers and server OS’s such as Windows Server and Linux; working with Virtual environments, ESXI or KVM
- At least 2 years administering Office 365
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Familiarity with FDA and ISO quality system requirements for medical device development a plus
- Formal project management training or PMP certification a plus
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA) software experience a plus
Vancouver, WA (Portland Area). We are also open to applicants in San Diego, Seattle, and the Bay Area for the right candidate. Some travel between company sites will be required for this position.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee; partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5 and 10 years of service
- Flexible working hours
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.