SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER | PORTLAND AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical, consumer electronics, and wearable device companies.
We are seeking a part-time Senior Technical Project Manager. This job is for an experienced product development project manager with an engineering background. The primary responsibility of the job will be to ensure smooth operation of projects by managing technical deliverables, schedules, budgets, and customer interactions.
This position is ideal for someone who would like a flexible position, has a technical background, and has worked in product development consulting. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can quickly resolve tough engineering challenges, yet enjoy a casual and supportive work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you.
- Work with clients and engineers to create project plans, estimate project budgets, and define schedules to meet client and project team objectives
- Manage cross-disciplined project teams across multiple geographic locations to ensure all design activities and project risks are covered
- Coordinate communication and requirements definition between mechanical, electrical, and embedded firmware teams
- Hold the team accountable for completing action items and meeting key milestone dates
- Develop presentations and lead kickoff meetings, status meetings, brainstorms, design reviews, and phase review meetings
- Ensure team members are accurately finding the root cause of defects, documenting decisions, and following best practices for engineering design activities and issue resolution
- Support Sales by writing project proposals, creating project estimates, and generating resource plans for new work
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Control System Engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year university
- 8+ years of experience in Product Development Engineering and Project Management
- Proficiency with project management software and tools
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with engineering team
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket) software
- Formal project management training or PMP certification
- ISO 13485 Quality Systems, requirements and hardware development for medical devices, including regulatory
- SQL database knowledge
- Working knowledge of good documentation practices (GDP)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, and mechanical design considerations for injection molding, sheet metal, machining, rapid prototyping
- Mechatronics and electro-mechanical systems including stepper and DC motors, solenoids, gear and belt drive systems, bearings, sensors and electronics
- Embedded firmware development
- Electronics & PCA design, development, and manufacturing processes
This is an hourly position with expected hours of around 20 hrs/week. In addition to competitive pay, it also has the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Sick leave after the 90th day of employment
- 401(k) plan with matching after 1,000 hours of service
If the position progresses to 30+ hrs/wk on an ongoing basis, then it becomes eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
LOCATION FOR THE SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER:
Job location is in Vancouver, WA (Portland Oregon area), although if you are located where Simplexity has other offices you are also welcome to apply since we may have future openings there. Primarily working from home is expected during the COVID-19 pandemic. Post-pandemic, some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position. Full compliance with Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
TO APPLY FOR THE SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.