SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER | BAY AREA
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. The primary focus of the job will be leading and participating in the design of mechatronic products. Specific technical responsibilities vary by project; however, it is imperative to have a command of engineering fundamentals across multiple engineering disciplines including mechanics, electronics, control systems and embedded firmware. The projects will require understanding how these principles are applied to simple, reliable design.
- Assist in systems level architecture of projects
- Develop algorithms for implementation of product requirements
- Mentor junior engineers on implementation of project tasks
- Help guide schedules for technical tasks on projects
- Write embedded firmware for a variety of customer products
- Develop associated tools for testing and validation of product code
- Develop solutions as part of a cross discipline team (EE’s, ME’s, Systems Engineers)
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Work through the product lifecycle, including design, implementation, and validation
- Design and execution of design verification test plans
- Interface with the customers in person, in teleconferences and via written communications
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year university
- 5 to 15 years of applicable experience
- Command of software engineering fundamentals and modern SW development processes
- Proficiency in C programming
- Experience with Python
- Working knowledge of:
- Embedded processors
- Peripheral buses such as I2C, SPI, UART
- Device IO (Serial, USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth/BLE)
- Analog and digital sensors
- Working knowledge of circuits and PCBA design concepts
- Understanding of engineering mechanics (Statics, Dynamics, machine design, etc.)
- Knowledge of control systems design
- Ability and willingness to learn existing code bases and new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Hardware development for medical devices, including regulatory requirements, and working in a medical quality system experience
- C++ or C#
- EMI considerations and compliance
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA)
- Knowledge of stepper and DC motors, solenoids, gear and belt drive systems, sensors, and motion control systems
- Systems modeling knowledge
- Advanced control design
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 10 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Location is in Sunnyvale, CA. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.