SENIOR MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS ENGINEER | SAN DIEGO
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical and wearable device companies.
We are seeking a Senior Mechatronic Systems Engineer in our San Diego office. The primary focus of the job will be leading and participating in the design of mechatronic products. Specific technical responsibilities vary by project; however, it is imperative to have a command of engineering fundamentals across multiple engineering disciplines including mechanics, electronics, control systems and embedded firmware. The projects will require understanding how these principles are applied to simple, reliable design.
- Assist in systems level architecture development
- Develop algorithms for motion control, both high level motion planning and low-level feedback control. Implementation in embedded firmware in C or on host PC in C# or Python as appropriate.
- Mentor junior engineers in their development work
- Help guide project schedules and break down into schedulable detailed technical tasks
- Develop associated tools for testing and validation of product code
- Develop solutions as part of a cross discipline team (EE’s, ME’s, FW/SW and Systems Engineers)
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Work through the product lifecycle, including design, implementation, and verification
- Design and execution of acceptance criteria
- Interface with the customers in person, in teleconferences and via written communications
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year university
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of gear and belt drive systems motion systems
- Knowledge of motion system dynamics and feedback controls
- Knowledge of motion system component selection including, motors, and sensors
- Have a command of software engineering fundamentals and modern SW development processes
- Proficiency in C programming
- Experience with Python
- Working knowledge of:
- Embedded processors
- Analog and digital sensors
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits
- Ability and willingness to learn existing code bases and new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Hardware development for medical devices (including regulatory requirements) and working in a medical quality system experience
- C++ or C#
- Understanding of PCBA design concepts
- EMI considerations and compliance
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket)
- Working knowledge of device IO (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth)
- Advanced control design
Job location is in San Diego, CA. Primarily working from home is expected during the COVID-19 pandemic. Post-pandemic, some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE SENIOR MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS ENGINEER POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.