SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | SEATTLE
Our Seattle office is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. Specific technical and leadership responsibilities often vary by project; however, it is imperative that you have a strong command of mechanical engineering fundamentals, experience with product development, and constructive collaboration with project management.
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and about 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
- Technical leadership of a project team, across multiple geographic locations, throughout the product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, concept generation, design, prototyping, and design verification
- Work closely and communicate regularly with clients and project management to keep stakeholders apprised of project status, issues, design decisions, and risks
- Prioritize and manage design tasks and issues to schedule and budget
- Identify separation of tasks and CAD for distributing among engineering team
- Coordinate with external partners in areas like industrial design and contract manufacturing
- Lead brainstorms and design reviews with internal team and clients
- Design injection-molded plastic parts, machined parts, and sheet metal parts in 3D CAD that are manufacturable for low or high-volume applications, as required for the project
- Develop solutions as part of a cross discipline team (ME, EE, FW, Systems Engineers)
- Define appropriate materials and methods for prototyping as well as production
- Hold project team members accountable to completing action items and meeting milestones
- Perform coaching/mentoring to less experienced engineers
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year university
- 7+ years of relevant, professional engineering experience
- Proficient knowledge of SolidWorks
- Thorough understanding of GD&T and how it is applied to design and manufacturing
- Demonstrable knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical design considerations – injection molding, sheet metal, machining, rapid prototyping, etc.
- Ability to identify and root-cause system-level defects
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Experience with mechatronics and electro-mechanical systems including stepper and DC motors, solenoids, gear and belt drive systems, bearings, sensors, and electronics
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE A PLUS:
- Robotics and programming
- Finite Element Analysis, Computation Flow Dynamics, or experience in other simulation packages
- Top-down design techniques, spline-driven surface modeling, and master modeling
- Instrument design experience, including automation, fluidic, microfluidic, and thermal
- Prior experience with medical devices and working within a medical quality system
Position location is in Seattle, WA. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position. Work from home during the COVID-19 Stay Home Orders.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee, partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 10 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.