SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER | SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical and wearable device companies.
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer with exceptional skills and talents to perform the following duties:
- Write embedded firmware for a variety of customer products
- Develop associated tools for testing and verification of product code
- Develop solutions as part of a cross discipline team (EE’s, ME’s, Systems Engineers)
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Work through the product lifecycle, including design, implementation, and verification
- Design and execution of acceptance criteria
- Interface with the customer and write succinct and clear status reports
- Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year university
- 8+ years of applicable experience
- High level of proficiency in C or C++ programming
- Experience with:
- Scripting language experience in Python
- Use of an embedded RTOS (FreeRTOS, ThreadX, VxWorks, Integrity, uC/OS, …)
- Embedded processors, preferably ARM
- Peripheral buses (I2C, SPI, Serial, PCI)
- Device IO (Serial, USB, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee)
- Analog and digital sensors
- Ability to quickly learn existing customer code base and new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have a command of software engineering fundamentals and modern SW development processes
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Firmware development for medical, molecular diagnostic or IVD devices.
- Working in a medical quality system experience and experience with regulatory requirements.
- Feedback control systems
- Understanding of PCBA design concepts
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket)
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job location is in Sunnyvale, CA. Simplexity has a flexible policy that allows employees to work from home or from the office during the COVID-19 pandemic if current health orders allow for it. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position. Applicants are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and must be being fully vaccinated with a Center for Disease Control (CDC)-approved COVID-19 vaccine by their start date or provide documentation of a medical exemption if they cannot be vaccinated. Full compliance with Simplexity’s Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.