SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER | SAN DIEGO
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer with exceptional skills and talents to perform the following duties:
- Write embedded firmware for a variety of customer products
- Develop associated tools for testing and validation of product code
- Develop solutions as part of a cross discipline team (EE’s, ME’s, Systems Engineers)
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Work through the product lifecycle, including design, implementation, and validation
- Design and execution of acceptance criteria
- Interface with the customer and write succinct and clear status reports
- Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited four-year university
- 5 to 15 years of applicable experience
- High level of proficiency in C programming, and experience in either C++ or C#
- Experience with:
- At least 1 scripting language (Perl, Python, TCL, etc.)
- Use of an embedded RTOS (ThreadX, VxWorks, Integrity, uC/OS, …)
- Embedded processors, preferably ARM
- Peripheral buses (I2C, SPI, Serial, PCI)
- Device IO (Serial, USB, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee)
- Analog and digital sensors
- Ability to quickly learn existing customer code base and new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have a command of software engineering fundamentals and modern SW development processes
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 10 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position location is in San Diego, CA. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.