SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | SAN DIEGO
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. The primary part of the job will be leading and participating in the electrical design of products. Specific technical responsibilities vary by project, however it is imperative that you have command of all electrical engineering fundamentals and understand how they are applied to simple, reliable design.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Appropriate component selection and production methods to meet product requirements
- Schematic capture
- Communication with layout team for optimization
- Board bringup and integration with firmware/software
- Evaluation of electrical components at prototype and production phases
- Bill of materials management
- Working with mechanical and software teams to understand constraints
- Management of technical issues and project task delegation
- Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited four-year university
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency with OrCAD and/or Altium tools
- Proficiency in both analog and digital design
- Experience developing microprocessor or DSP-based systems
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Experience with power management systems and/or on-board switching power supplies
- Experience with wireless communication components
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Proficiency with MS Suite tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Hardware development for medical devices (including regulatory requirements) and working in a medical quality system experience a plus
- FPGA design a plus
- EMI considerations and compliance a plus
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA) a plus
- High speed digital design (e.g. PCI Express, memory bus design, Gigabit Ethernet, USB) a plus
- Knowledge of stepper and dc motors, solenoids, gear and belt drive systems, sensors, and motion control systems a plus
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 10 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Location is in San Diego, CA. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.