PROJECT MANAGER, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING | SEATTLE, WA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 85 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
Imagine walking into an environment surrounded by top notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading medical and consumer device companies. As a Project Manager and Mechanical Engineer in our Seattle office, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of projects by contributing to and monitoring technical progress, including managing schedules, budgets, and customer interactions. Specific technical responsibilities vary by project; however, it is imperative that you have command of mechanical engineering fundamentals and experience with project management and the product development lifecycle.
This position is ideal for someone who likes variety, has a strong technical background, and has worked in product development consulting. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet enjoy a casual and flexible work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you.
- Work with clients and engineers to create project plans, estimate project budgets, and define a schedule to meet client and project team objectives
- Manage cross discipline internal project teams, across multiple geographic locations, to ensure all design activities and project risks are covered
- Coordinate communication and requirements definition between mechanical, electrical, and embedded firmware teams
- Hold the team accountable to completing action items and meeting key milestone dates
- Develop presentations and lead kickoff meetings, status meetings, brainstorms, design reviews, and phase review meetings internally and with Clients
- Ensure team members are accurately root causing defects, documenting decisions, and following best practices for design updates and issue resolution
- Contribute to design and analysis of mechanical systems that incorporate injection-molded plastic parts, machined parts and sheet metal parts
- Manage assemblies of components and bill of materials and create 2D drawings using correct GD&T standards
- Identify appropriate manufacturing methods for prototyping and production, and evaluate prototype systems to test specifications
- Support Sales by writing project proposals for new work
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year university
- 7+ years of experience in Product Development Engineering
- Proficient knowledge of SolidWorks
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, and mechanical design considerations for injection molding, sheet metal, machining, rapid prototyping
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with other engineers
- Experience with mechatronics and electro-mechanical systems including stepper and DC motors, solenoids, gear and belt drive systems, bearings, sensors and electronics a plus
- Familiarity with Quality System requirements for medical devices a plus
- Formal project management training or PMP certification a plus
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA) software experience a plus
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee; partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5 and 10 years of service
- Flexible working hours
- Seattle, WA. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.