PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR | SAN DIEGO
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical and wearable device companies.
We are seeking a Production Supervisor for our San Diego office. The primary focus of the job will be managing a team of technicians and coordinating prototype and low-volume production builds of new products, machines, and instruments. The position also involves improving processes, setting up and organizing build spaces, checking bills of materials for accuracy, and managing and qualifying vendors. As we have a small team, we are seeking someone who likes to participate in multiple roles, including helping with the machining, soldering, and assembly alongside the technicians as project demands rise and fall. It is imperative that you have a strong technical aptitude and experience with detailed electro-mechanical assembly. Experience with machined parts, additive manufacturing, and injection molding is a plus.
- Manage a team of technicians and designers. Figure out when to engage part-time resources for increased workload and assist with interviewing and hiring when permanent positions are open.
- Determine the day-to-day allocation of the team across varying projects. Communicate regularly with the technicians and project managers on build status.
- Coach and mentor the team, performing regular one-on-one meetings, formal Catalytic Coaching sessions, and provide constructive feedback.
- Learn and champion Simplexity’s SmartSheet Bill of Materials parts ordering process. Continue to look for and implement improvements to the process. Help teach and coach new employees on the process.
- Ensure that the build spaces are well organized, functional, and that an efficient plan is in place.
- Depending on project load, assist the team with fabrication and assembly of new products and instruments.
- Use CAD tools to open and understand designs.
- Procure custom parts from various local and global vendors. Keep the Simplexity preferred supplier list up to date with new vendors and feedback on existing suppliers.
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor, associate, or vocational school degree highly desired
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Demonstrated experience with planning effectively, prioritizing tasks, and organization.
- A history of high employee retention and satisfaction in previous supervisory roles
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical skills combined with attention to detail and following documentation best practices
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- SolidWorks or other CAD experience
- Knowledge of and safe use of machine tools
- Precision machining and fabrication experience
- Understanding of electrical circuits and schematics
- Experience working in a medical quality system (ISO 13485)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA)
Job location is in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo, San Diego Area) and the position does require working in-person at the office. Full compliance with Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.