MACHINIST, TECHNICIAN, AND SHOP ORGANIZER | PORTLAND AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and about 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical and wearable device companies.
We are seeking an experienced machinist and technician to support the engineering team at our Vancouver, WA office. If you are organized, self-motivated, and enjoy having a wide variety of work, this position may be ideal for you. You would be machining and modifying parts for early product development across different industries. Additional responsibilities include assembling, building, and debugging prototypes, soldering, making cables, reviewing drawings, and interfacing with fabrication vendors. In this position you would be responsible for the shop, including keeping it organized, performing shipping/receiving duties, checking and ordering stock parts, and making sure items in the shop meet quality standards.
- Fabricate or modify prototype parts needed by engineering team using manual shop tools like a milling machine, lathe, and drill press
- Work with product development engineers to assemble subsystems and hardware for new products
- Review drawings and give Design for Manufacturing (DFM) feedback
- Document work done and any issues encountered in cloud-based defect tracking system
- Solder, build cables, and perform electrical assembly and troubleshooting
- Shipping and receiving
- Organize build area and keep a clean shop
- High school diploma required
- Associate or vocational school degree desired
- 4+ years of applicable experience
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- SolidWorks or other CAD software
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits
- Experience working in a medical quality system
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket)
Job location is in Vancouver, WA (Portland Area) although some work assignments will be at client sites in the Portland or Beaverton, Oregon area. Full compliance with Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Pay commensurate with experience. It is expected that this position will be full-time, although there is some flexibility for part-time work between projects or overtime during extremely busy periods.
In addition to competitive pay, for full time positions, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE MACHINIST, TECHNICIAN, AND SHOP ORGANIZER POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.