PART-TIME IT HELP DESK ANALYST | PORTLAND AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
Imagine walking into an environment surrounded by top notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading medical and consumer device companies. As an IT Help Desk Analyst in our Vancouver office, you will be responsible for the support of the staff on IT matters.
This position is ideal for someone who likes variety, has worked with technical users, and is process oriented. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet enjoy a casual and flexible work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you.
- Assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of PC hardware and software
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions
- Conduct daily system operations such as reviewing status and issuing reports
- Write training and standard operating procedures
- Accurate record keeping and timely communications
- Provide estimates on services
- Manage prioritization and communicate updated status
- Bachelor of Science in IT or related field, in-process college work for a technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in IT Support
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with basic Office 365 administration
- Proficiency with basic Active Directory maintenance / configuration
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- Have a positive attitude and focus on company success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with the staff
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA) software experience a plus
- LogMeIn Central experience a plus
- Vancouver, WA.
This is an hourly position with expected hours of around 20 hrs/week. It also has the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Sick leave after the 90th day of employment
- 401(k) plan with matching after 1,000 hours of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.