IT HELP DESK ANALYST | San Diego or Portland Area
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and about 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner.
Imagine walking into an environment surrounded by top notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading technology companies. As an IT Help Desk Analyst, you will be responsible for the support of the staff on IT matters.
This position is ideal for someone who likes variety, is self-motivated, has worked with technical users, and is process oriented. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet enjoy a casual and flexible work atmosphere, then Simplexity may be the place for you. There is also growth opportunity to assist with projects and some admin responsibilities.
- Assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of PC hardware and software
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, and via phone
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions
- Conduct daily system operations such as reviewing status and issuing reports
- Write training and standard operating procedures
- Execute accurate record keeping and timely communications
- Perform routine maintenance on computers and IT systems
- Assist IT Manager with testing, research, documentation, projects, and delegated sys admin work
- Bachelor of Science in IT or related field, or equivalent education and work experience
- Experience in IT Support
- Windows 10 management
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with basic Office 365 administration
- Proficiency with basic Active Directory maintenance / configuration
- Proficiency with VPN and network technology
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail
- Availability for after hours or weekend work several times per month when needed
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed instructions and explanations
- Have a positive attitude and focus on company success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Work effectively in a team setting and collaborate openly with the staff
- Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA) software experience a plus
- LogMeIn Central experience a plus
- SolidWorks, PDM
- QuickBooks, SQL
- Linux OS
- Windows Server maintenance
Vancouver, WA (Portland OR area) or San Diego, CA. Work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic with a flexible return to the office schedule post-pandemic.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee, partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE IT HELP DESK ANALYST POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.