ENGINEERING DIRECTOR | BAY AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, consumer, medical, and wearable device companies.
We are seeking an Engineering Director to run our Bay Area office. We are looking for someone with the ability to grow the office into a recognized regional design consultancy. Success involves a unique combination of engineering expertise, consulting experience, business development acumen, and the ability to lead people. It is also critical that you are well networked in the San Francisco Bay area to be able to develop partnerships and build Simplexity’s local brand presence in the region.
- Serve on the executive management team, reporting directly to the CEO. Help the team set the direction for company growth, target markets, and local office direction.
- Help define, shape and monitor the strategic path of the company, helping with process improvement initiatives and working cohesively with other members of the leadership team.
- Networking, sales, partner relationship development & management. Attend trade shows and events.
- Work with the director of business development to qualify incoming opportunities and find new clients.
- Generate proposals for clients including: estimating the engineering effort, creating work breakdown structures, defining schedules, and estimating budgets.
- Lead the team of engineers in both the local office and across sites to execute on technical project work.
- Provide technical direction on projects. Help determine design scope and architecture to meet client budgets & timelines.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to employees; meet regularly with them and help guide them in their career progression.
- Be accountable for project success and employees meeting billable hours targets.
- Create an inclusive and fun culture in the office.
- Recruit, interview and hire new employees to grow the office
ENGINEERING DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited four-year university
- 8+ years of new product design and development experience
- Management and leadership experience
- Business development and client interaction experience
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Project management
- Hardware development for medical devices or molecular diagnostics instruments (including regulatory requirements) and working in a medical quality system
- Firmware, software, electrical, mechanical, or mechatronics engineering design
Office location is in Sunnyvale, CA. Primarily working from home is expected during the COVID-19 pandemic. Post-pandemic, some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Excellent Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee; partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE ENGINEERING DIRECTOR POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.