ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN | PORTLAND AREA
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and about 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical and wearable device companies.
We are seeking an Electro-mechanical Technician in our Vancouver, WA (Portland Area) office. The primary focus of the job will be supporting the engineering project teams during design, procurement, fabrication and assembly/build of tools and products. Specific responsibilities vary by project; however, it is imperative to have a strong technical aptitude and experience with detailed electro-mechanical assembly. Experience with machined parts, additive manufacturing, and injection molding is highly desired. High level of craftmanship is a must.
- Use CAD tools and documentation to assemble subsystems and hardware for new products
- Assist Development Engineers with part drawings and part releases as directed
- Procure custom parts from various global based vendors
- Document work done and any issues encountered in cloud-based defect tracking system
- Fabricate or modify precision and prototype parts needed by engineering team using manual and CNC machine tools
- Solder, build cables, and perform electrical assembly and troubleshooting
- Organize build area and keep a clean shop
- Shipping & Receiving
- Facilities support
- High school diploma required
- Associate or vocational school degree desired
- 2+ years of applicable experience
- 2+ years machining experience
- Ability and willingness to learn new technical skills
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- SolidWorks or other CAD experience
- Knowledge of and safe use of machine tools
- Understanding of electrical circuits and schematics
- Experience working in a medical quality system (ISO 13485)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA)
Job location is in Vancouver, WA (Portland Area) although some work assignments will be at client sites in the Portland or Beaverton, Oregon area. Full compliance with Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Pay commensurate with experience. It is expected that this position will be full-time, although there is some flexibility for part-time work between projects or overtime during extremely busy periods.
In addition to competitive pay, for full time positions, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.