ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER | SAN DIEGO
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services company with four office locations and over 75 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. We strive to create an environment of top-notch engineers, experts in their field, who are passionate about bringing product development excellence to the world’s leading diagnostic, medical, consumer electronics, and wearable device companies.
We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with new product development experience. The primary part of the job will be participating in the electrical design of new products. Specific technical responsibilities vary by project, however it is imperative that you have command of all electrical engineering fundamentals and understand how they are applied to simple, reliable design.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Design of electrical system architecture for medical, consumer and wearable devices
- Research and selection of appropriate components to meet product requirements
- Circuit design, schematic capture and management of PCB layout
- Board bring-up and integration with mechanical design and firmware/software
- Verification of design function from prototype to production stages
- Bill of materials management
- Collaboration with mechanical and software teams to understand constraints
- Application of design principles for prevention of electromagnetic interference and assisting with certification to EMC standards
- Management of technical issues and project task delegation
- Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited four-year university
- 2+ years of experience
- Proficiency with Altium tools
- Proficiency in both analog and digital design
- Experience developing microprocessor or DSP-based systems
- Excellent organization and analytical skills combined with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Experience with power management systems, switching power supplies, and battery powered devices
- Experience with wireless communication components
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and write detailed reports
- A positive attitude and focus on client success
- Ethical and honest in every part of the job
- Works effectively in a team setting and collaborates openly with other engineers
OTHER EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Technical project leadership
- Hardware development for medical devices (including regulatory requirements) and experience working in a medical quality system
- FPGA design
- Power electronics design
- Antenna modeling and design
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket)
- High speed digital design (e.g. PCI Express, memory bus design, Gigabit Ethernet, USB)
- Knowledge of motor drives
In addition to competitive pay, we offer:
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5, and 9 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job location is in San Diego, CA. Simplexity has a flexible policy that allows employees to work from home or from the office during the COVID-19 pandemic if current health orders allow for it. Some travel and/or on-site work at client sites may be required for this position. Applicants are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and must be being fully vaccinated with a Center for Disease Control (CDC)-approved COVID-19 vaccine by their start date or provide documentation of a medical exemption if they cannot be vaccinated. Full compliance with Simplexity’s Covid-19 safety procedures is required for all in-person work.
Simplexity is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.