DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | SAN DIEGO
Simplexity Product Development is an engineering design services firm with four office locations and about 80 employees. Simplexity has been selected as one of America’s Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine and is often chosen by top technology firms as their design partner. Our San Diego office is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team.
This position is ideal for someone who obtains immense satisfaction in finding, qualifying, and landing new clients. While responsible for bringing in new business, you must also be a team player who can leverage the engineering team’s expertise at appropriate times in the sales process to impress and win new clients. Building positive relationships with both clients and coworkers is paramount, as is holding true to the company’s core values at every step in the process. If you are someone who has a constant drive to excel, is excited about meeting aggressive goals, and can diplomatically find the right way into new clients to create a win-win relationship, this may be the perfect position for you. While you are a driver, we also expect you to follow a repeatable sales process, document progress, and be accountable to meeting sales goals. The ideal candidate will have experience selling engineering services and have a demonstrated history of winning $1M or greater accounts.
- Research the market and engage high profile executives to identify needs for Simplexity product development engineering services
- Set up meetings with prospects, bringing in the engineering team as needed
- Own the sales cycle – from lead generation to closure
- Develop new client relationships
- Estimate and write proposals for new work, collaboratively with the engineering team
- Convert incoming leads from marketing efforts and the website into profitable business relationships
- Build your network and represent the company at appropriate industry events (some travel expected)
- Drive sales and profitability by developing innovative solutions to meet client goals
- Develop strategies for improved sales growth
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering or a related technical field
- Knowledge of the product development process for engineered products (hardware/software)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in sales (preferably in a field role)
- Experience in selling complex B2B services, ideally engineering design services
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Use established connections to bring in business, primarily in the molecular diagnostics, medical device, and wearables markets
- Demonstrated experience using a CRM system
- Proven track record of over quota achievement by following a defined sales process
- Attention to detail, organization, and accuracy
- Ethical, honest, and highly professional in dealing with confidential client projects
This is a full-time salary plus commission position with benefits, including:
- Excellent healthcare plan (Medical, Dental, Vision) fully paid for by the company for the employee; partial payment for dependents
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Long-term and short-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Paid maternity/new parent leave
- 11 Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing after 2, 5 and 10 years of service
- Flexible working hours and working from home
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY FOR THE DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT POSITION:
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position location is in San Diego, CA. Some travel may be required for this position.
Work from home during the COVID-19 Stay Home Orders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.